Nonprofit Workshop: Grant Writing
This is a hands-on three-hour workshop for community members, program directors, nonprofit staff and leaders in nonprofit businesses. The focus of this presentation will be on nonprofit startups and staff and leadership of existing nonprofits. This seminar is absolutely necessary for anyone planning to write a grant. This is a popular class, so please sign up early.
The focus of this presentation will be on learning the entire process of grant writing and will include lots of networking in a very hands-on collaborative atmosphere. This workshop goes beyond theory and also develops strategy to find the best sources for grants and the key elements of a grant proposal (that you will write). Each participant will complete a simplified grant template modified from the Simplified Grantwriting book published by the speaker Mary Ann Burke through Corwin Press. After completing the grant template, there is the potential for follow-up to complete the grant process or network with other nonprofits. Dr. Burke will also be available to meet class participants after the class for further grant development guidance.
Find out how to get the funds that you need so your organization can succeed in its mission.
You will learn how to:
- Leverage resources and collaborative services
- Locate grant funders
- Write grants
- Create evaluation tools to measure project outcomes
- Manage grants
- Modify grants for new funders for continuous funding
- Which websites are best to help you find foundations that give grants in your area
- Understanding the types of information requested to complete a grant application
- How to create a grant template that includes all grant requested information
- How to manage newly funded projects
- How to modify completed grant templates to request added funding
What People are saying
- “Best workshop I have attended”
- “Learned how to do it and loved all the networking”
- “Excellent instructor; knows her material”