With so many different franchises for sale today, figuring out which franchise is the right one can be daunting and difficult to say the least. In this class, business experts at FranNet of the Bay Area de-mystify the franchise buying process and walk you through how to successfully get into business for yourself.
Centro Community Partners provides a guided step-by-step workshop to create a business plan through simple hands on activities. Our dynamic interactive workshops help you analyze and develop your business model using the Centro Business Planning App (link).
The Program: We will teach you basic business strategy (i.e., vision, mission, and values), personal finance, market analysis, value proposition, operations, marketing strategy and business finance.
Date / Time: Saturday December 1st, 2018 from 9:30am to 3:30pm.
Location: San Jose – SJPL Works in the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Public Library.
This is a free event with limited tickets.
Parking validation for 4th St. garage will be provided at the program.
Let the Search Engines work for you!
In this class you will learn the basics of search engine optimization (SEO). You will learn about the number of factors that contribute to a webpage’s success for getting listed on page one of Google. We’ll dissect actual successful websites to see how they are able to achieve success and compare to sites that are not so successful. We’ll also help you set your expectations so you can balance your SEO efforts with other possible options for marketing on the web.
Note: This class is intended for the more advanced business owner who currently has an active website or has one in development. No programming knowledge is required.
Find out how to:
- Determine best keywords for your business
- Identify the important factors on your website for SEO
- Understand the roles and importance of the top factors
- Learn how to submit for incoming links
- Create content that works for you
- Measure your results, including Google Analytics, Google Webmasters and more
Attend this free event made especially for new business owners. Learn more about business certifications and financing such as minority business certifications, access to capital and micro-loans. You’ll also have the opportunity to talk to experts about other business financial concerns such as bonding, worker’s compensation and liability insurance. This is an opportunity to network with other fellow small business owners such as yourself and to begin getting the word out of your business ventures to others. Discover procurement opportunities with prime contractors and public agencies.
A light breakfast and free parking validation by the library will be offered to attendees of this event.
The Silicon Valley SBDC offers this free workshop to help you understand:
- Bookkeeping system components
- Cash versus Accrual Accounting
- Financial Statements
- Employee Related Records
- Computerized Accounting Systems
This hands-on workshop will show you how you can follow other businesses, how to interact with them, and why this is good for YOUR business!
- Content Curation on Facebook and Twitter
- Sharing content from other business pages on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Interacting with other business pages on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Following other business pages on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Why helping other pages succeed helps your page succeed
- How to engage with other businesses and build your own community
- How to leverage your business connections to expand your audience
Requirements for This Class:
- Please bring your laptop. While mobile devices will work, the instructor will be demonstrating with a laptop and the mobile experience is different, which you may find confusing for the hands-on segment of the class.
- Make sure your device is fully charged and ready to go. Please also bring your charger and an extension cord.
- You will need a Facebook business page with at least core information completed to participate in this class. We will not have time to set up a page during class.
- When you register you must send us a link to your Facebook business page.
- Due to the limited number of participants for this class, walk-in registration at the door is not available.
Speak confidentially with a pro bono attorney (provided by Nixon Peabody and Intel volunteers) about a variety of topics for your business, including contracts, employment, real estate and more!
Sessions are 30 minutes long and can be provided in-person or via Skype. The time slots will be offered the third Thursday of every month, beginning on August 16.
Discuss topics including:
- Contract review (e.g., construction, supplier, contractor…)
- Business formation
- Construction contracts
- Trademarks and branding
- Employment questions in CA (e.g., Employee v. Contractor…)
- Real estate questions
- Tax questions
- Import/ export (e.g., duties, regulation)
- and many more
To register, contact Scarlett Velasquez at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 321-2193.