Network, Learn & Grow a Business
Learn how to buy the right business cheap….or sell it high!
This is a class for anyone who wants to buy or sell a business and doesn’t know where to start. Two highly experienced business brokers teach this class and they really know their stuff. Anyone who wants to know about evaluating a business’s value or wants to know how to be sure they are buying value should take this class. The course will cover valuation, what kinds of records you need to review and the legal overview of a business transaction.
Should you go to this class?
- Are you considering buying a new business or thinking about selling your current business?
- Are you afraid you will pay too much for buying a business?
- Are you concerned about getting a fair price when selling your existing business?
If you are a business owner thinking of selling you will learn …
- How do you estimate the value of your business?
- How do you prepare your business to maximize its value?
If you are interested in buying a business you will learn …
- How can you find a business to purchase?
- How do you figure out how much is too much to pay for a business?
- Is buying a franchise for you?
- What are the advantages and pitfalls of a buying a franchise?
- Which are “good “franchises” to buy and which ones should you avoid?
- How can you find business financing and loans?
Commit your business idea to paper. It’s the key to Success!
This class is a follow-on and companion to Thinking of Starting a Business. It walks you through the basics of putting your business idea on paper. It teaches the basic content of what is required and gives you help in thinking through some of the issues. It is aimed at folks who have a feasible business idea and are now ready to think through all of the details. It is the information that you need to attract people, money, and clients but it needs to be written. It helps you to describe your product or service, your market and your potential clients. Going through the Business Plan process reveals to you the strengths and weaknesses of your idea and how to improve it. It gives you the confidence to sell your idea to others. This process forces you to think through the critical issues in an organized way and sharpen your business skills. The business plan will help you prepare your roadmap for success.
Note: This class is designed for those who have clearly defined and documented their business model and its feasibility as developed in the class “Thinking of Starting a Business”.
This class teaches you the key elements of a business plan including:
- How to find important market and competitive data relevant for your business;
- How to figure out the unique benefits your business has to offer;
- How to position your business and develop a realistic sales projection.
- You will learn about market share and its importance
- You will learn about customer demographics and why they’re key
- You’ll learn to describe your business strategies
- You’ll learn the importance of describing your business succinctly
- You will learn to create a two-year financial plan
- How to price your services to make a profit
The 7 Don’ts of Email Design
First impressions matter – how are YOU doing with your emails? This seminar will help you avoid common mistakes and maximize your emails for powerful impact!
- Picking the Right Fonts
- Picking the right colors
- Staying organized
- Using images
- Making your message shareable
- Optimizing for mobile
- Branding beyond the logo – how placement, pictures, even colors can re-inforce recognition & engagement
- Readability – including fonts, white space and single-column design
- Images – including sizing, placement, links and more
- Sharability – are you going social with your email? Easy tips to encourage more cross-platform engagement