Network, Learn & Grow a Business
So, you have an idea for a business. Now what? We can help you decide whether and how to proceed. This series of workshops is presented at no charge in conjunction with Santa Clara Library
Designed by successful entrepreneurs who’ve been in your busy shoes, this mentor-supported program gives you the structure and support you need to set your sights on the future. Choose as many sessions as you need, though we suggest you attend all 4 sessions to get the most out of this program.
No need to register! Just show up at the location noted at left.
Work with a SCORE Certified Mentor to develop a customized growth plan.
Gain the fundamentals, tools and strategies you need to get your business started.
July 1, Session 1: Startup Basics and Business Concepts
July 8, Session 2: Marketing Plan
The second workshop provides clients with an introduction to marketing communication methods and tools to maximize your customer reach. The discussion in the Marketing Plan workshop covers pricing strategies, positioning, the difference between features and benefits, and different marketing strategies. At the end of this session, clients will know how to: outline their marketing strategy, test their marketing message, choose the right sales channel, and exercise their marketing strategy.
July 16, Session 3: Financial Projections
July 22, Session 4: Funding Sources
Joining us from the Google headquarters in Mountain View will be Kevin Chang and Kristine Rhodes.
They will walk through how to get your business online as well as the best tips & tricks for succeeding once you are Google. This workshop will be very hands on so please bring your laptop. By the end of the session, your business will be on Google and you will know how to best utilize your Google My Business listing.
Please complete this form once you have registered so that the presenters have a bit of context about you and your business. It is very short and required. Thank you!
*Note: This workshop is best geared towards those who do not yet have a strong online presence and are not tech savvy- we want to show you how easy Google can be to use!
- Setting up your Google My Business listing.
- Understanding new ways to grow your business.
- Creating a website & making your first post.
- Extended access to 1:1 consulting support.
Social Media Time Savers
Do you know that 43% of small businesses dedicate six or more hours per week to social media? While it’s important to engage for social visibility and key connections online, we all want to do more in less time. This session will help you save time at get back to what you love to do – running your business or organization. Join us and learn the latest time savers and best practices.
- Curating content
- Social media management tools
- Creating content at events
- Apps to help save time
- The art of not over-thinking
- Tips for saving up to ten hours a week managing your social media
- Simple ways to find usable, relevant content for your posts
- How to integrate your social media into sales promotions and events
- Best practices, business builders and more…
Learn How To Advertise on the Web
In this class we will cover how advertising works on the Internet, why it should be considered for every small or large business, and how to make the most of it. Learn how Google Ads works, along with Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn ads and more.
- Deciding on your best outlets
- Determining a budget estimate or range
- Targeting options
- Keyword development
- Calls to action
- Developing ads
- Landing Pages
- Measuring activity and conversions
- Test for success
You will come out of this class with a working understanding of key factors and decision points to get the most out of your online advertising budget.
Who should attend this workshop: Current business owners who need to develop the tools to find clients, want to extend their client base in order to increase their sales.
As a small business, you have an advantage over larger businesses. You see and interact with your customers on a daily basis. These relationships with your customers, clients, or members allow you to create more personalized email marketing efforts that get great results. Personalization goes beyond just adding their name to your emails.
• What it means to personalize your email campaigns
• How to add simple personalization in your emails
• How to personalize based on what you know about your subscribers
- Why personalization matters for marketing today
- Easy ways you can personalize your emails
- How to get your audience to segment themselves