Network, Learn & Grow a Business
Centro Community Partners esta ofreciendo este taller paso a paso para crear tu plan de negocios a través de actividades prácticas y sencillas. Nuestros talleres interactivos y dinámicos te ayudan a analizar y desarrollar tu modelo de negocio utilizando el app Centro Business Planning Tool, disponible en Español e Inglés (link).
El Programa: Te enseñaremos como desarrollar estrategias empresariales básicas (visión, misión y valores), finanzas personales, análisis de mercado, propuesta de valor, operaciones, estrategia de marketing y finanzas del negocio.
Fecha / Hora: Nos veremos los días febrero 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26 y 27; marzo 5
La última sesión son las presentaciones y graduaciones el martes, marzo 5, 2019 de 5:00pm a 7:30pm.
Ubicación: San Jose – SJPL Works en la Biblioteca Publica, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library.
Este evento es gratuito y esperamos tu compromiso durante las 9 semanas de talleres.
Se proporcionará la validación de aparcamiento para 4th St. garaje en el programa.
A basic review of: Reasons to write a business plan, what goes into the business plan, and structuring your plan for the target audience planning and feasibility studies.
Coffee with Business Advisers
Come and meet with expert business advisers with real world experience who help local businesses. These sit downs will cover many different industries and vary each time. These advisers are here to answer any questions and to provide guidance and feedback
Free. No registration required.
Parking validation for 4th St. garage will be provided at the program.
Be a Successful Consultant
Start a Successful Consulting Business For Lifestyle and Profit
In this workshop you will learn what it means to be a consultant, why clients need your skills, how to leverage your expertise and what the requirements are to be successful. It is a good primer for people already in the consulting business and an excellent educator for those thinking of becoming a consultant. The class will explain the do’s and don’ts of selling yourself, basic selling skills you need to know, how to develop a professional image and many marketing tactics and strategies. The class goes through the process of identifying potential clients, what needs to be in a proposal, common terms and conditions that should be included and how to negotiate contracts with your clients. Finally the workshop will help you identify costs you need to recover, calculate your base billing rate and equip you with approaches to charge for your services that help maximize your returns.
- Being a Consultant – Positives and Negatives
- Setup – Business Structure, Choice of Entity
- Getting Clients – Business Development and Marketing
- Proposals and Contracts – SOW, NDA’s, Important Terms
- Pricing – Fee Structures and Costs
- Know what a consultant does and why your client may need one
- Understanding your clients’ need
- Managing scope of work and scope creep
- How to set expectation
- Know the process involved in creating a consulting business and landing new client account
- How to price your services to make a profit
What People Are Saying About This Class:
“Snappy pacing, Engaging, Clear, Riveting”
“Good information and knowledgeable presenters”
“Great class, now I feel more prepared and knowledgeable
New Workshop: Evaluate Your Business Idea
Do you want to start a business but not sure if your idea is feasible? Or do you need help gathering your thoughts into a viable business idea?
During this hands-on workshop you will learn the essential steps of developing and evaluating your business idea, including:
- What are your options for going into business
- How to turn your business idea into a reality
- How to conduct preliminary research
- Use a one-page tool in the workshop to evaluate 8 aspects of your company, including customer, cost, pricing and marketing
- Common traits and characteristics of entrepreneurs.
- Advantages and disadvantages of starting a business on your own, buying a franchise or
buying an existing business.
- Assessing the feasibility of your business idea or opportunity.
- The value and purpose of a formal business plan.
- You will be able to compare your personality traits, strengths and weaknesses
with those common to successful entrepreneurs.
- You will learn the advantages and disadvantages of starting a business on your
own versus buying a franchise versus buying an existing business and why it is
important to consider all three options.
- You will learn how to assess the feasibility of your business idea or opportunity.
- You will hear why it is important to prepare a formal business plan if you decide
to proceed and an overview of what that plan should include.