New Workshop: Evaluate Your Business Idea
Do you want to start a business but not sure if your idea is feasible? Or do you need help gathering your thoughts into a viable business idea?
During this hands-on workshop you will learn the essential steps of developing and evaluating your business idea, including:
- What are your options for going into business
- How to turn your business idea into a reality
- How to conduct preliminary research
- Use a one-page tool in the workshop to evaluate 8 aspects of your company, including customer, cost, pricing and marketing
- Common traits and characteristics of entrepreneurs.
- Advantages and disadvantages of starting a business on your own, buying a franchise or
buying an existing business.
- Assessing the feasibility of your business idea or opportunity.
- The value and purpose of a formal business plan.
- You will be able to compare your personality traits, strengths and weaknesses
with those common to successful entrepreneurs.
- You will learn the advantages and disadvantages of starting a business on your
own versus buying a franchise versus buying an existing business and why it is
important to consider all three options.
- You will learn how to assess the feasibility of your business idea or opportunity.
- You will hear why it is important to prepare a formal business plan if you decide
to proceed and an overview of what that plan should include.