How to Use the BusinessOwnerSpace.com Website:
The BusinessOwnerSpace.com website has been designed to be user-friendly and intuitive. With this in mind, there are several methods by which you can find the information you need:
- Use our Business Referral Tool and let the BOS website direct you to the resources and information you need most.
- Browse the website by clicking on the topics that appeal to you.
- Search the website by entering keywords into our search window.
- View our Site Map to familiarize yourself with the content hierarchy of the BOS website.
- Contact BOS via our toll-free number: 1-877-880-1222
- Contact a BOS Partner by visiting our Partners page.
In designing the BusinessOwnerSpace.com website, we have tried our best to develop a site that will be easily viewed by most users; however, under certain circumstances, it is possible that your system and/or browser may not support all features of this website. With this in mind, please review the following system requirements for this website:
- PC: Windows 2000, XP or Windows Vista
- Mac: OS 10.4 or better
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or better
- Firefox 2.0 or better
- Safari 2 or better
To View Documents:
While browsing the BOS website, you may find that some partners have posted PDF documents to view and/or download. To be able to open and view the documents, you will need to have a recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your system. If you don’t have a recent version installed, you may download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Reporting a Technical Problem:
Because we’re pulling together information and resources from many organizations, it is possible that you may encounter a broken link or another problem. Should you run into technical difficulties, please email us to report your concern so that we can immediately investigate and resolve the problem. When you send your email, it would be helpful if you can specify:
- Your computer’s operating system (Windows XP, Vista, Mac OSX, etc.)
- Which browser you are using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- The nature of the problem you experienced, including the specific page of the website you were accessing