Planning a Business
Overview: Planning Your Business
There are several advantages to starting your own business
- Business owners are able to benefit directly from their own hard work
- Business owners enjoy the process of seeing their own ideas become a reality as they create and sell a product or service that meets the needs of their customers
- Business owners have greater control over their income and their time
- Business owners experience the excitement and satisfaction of launching and managing a new venture
To ensure your business thrives, visit the following topics contained in this section:
Is Owning a Business Right for You?
- Do you have a business plan?
- Can you start and follow through?
- Are you a good decision maker?
- Do you have the personal resources to run a business?
Creating a Business Plan
- Stay focused
- Learn the key elements of a business plan
- BOS partners can help
Doing Business in San Jose
- The heart of Silicon Valley
- A great place for a new or small business
- Learn what you need to know to establish a new business in the City.
- What is a franchise business?
- Benefits to you as a franchisee
- What is involved in purchasing a franchise?